Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Charles Spurgeon Day 1

We must love men by warning them of their terrible condition apart from Jesus Christ.
"Come what may, when I die, I shall, with God's help, be able to say "I am innocent of the blood of all men." So far as I know God's truth, I will endeavor to speak it; and though criticism and censure be poured on my head a hundred times, I will welcome it, if I may but be faithful to this unstable generation, faithful to God, and faithful to my own conscience. Let me, then, endeavor, and, by God's help, I will do it as solemnly and as tenderly as I can, to proclaim to you that have not yet repented, most affectionately reminding you of your future doom, if you should die without repenting of your sins. "If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword."  Charles Spurgeon
I love to see the heart of Spurgeon here.  He was a man sold out to the Lord.  He refused to compromise truth on any level and he always stuck to the life changing message of the Gospel on all fronts.  He knew the threatenings of hell and of eternal judgment from the scriptures.  He knew the fate of every man who will die in their sins not having obtained eternal life through Jesus Christ the risen Lord.  Therefore he was not concerned what men would do to him.  He was not concerned if "criticism and censure be poured on my head a hundred times". Because he was determined to be faithful to God, to the lost and to his own conscience.  

We too need to have this tenacity concerning getting this Gospel message out to lost of this world!  Do we believe the scriptures?  Do we believe in the fate of the wicked? Have we spent time in the presence of the Lord in agony over our lost family members and friends?  Can we truly say like the apostle Paul, "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.  For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people."  

Let us have the heart of spurgeon and with all tenderness of heart, with all compassion and love, let us warn the lost and plead with them to come to the Savior!  Let us not only tell them of the greatness of God in salvation and His desire to love and save and heal and cleanse all men, but let us also warn and persuade and make known the terror of ones life if they will die in their sins and spend an eternity in everlasting hell fire.  Let us open our hearts, speak out of mouths the Gospel of salvation and let the light of Christ shine as a city on a hill.  Let us be driven to our knees to cry out to the Lord to move upon our family that they would repent and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Let us say to God, "SEND ME"!  I will go and tell the nations of the cleansing flow of the blood shed on Calvary's cross!  
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.  For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”  Acts 17:30,31

1 comment: